Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winter "festival"

I've been in a photo slump lately. Nothing's been inspiring me. Then I noticed in the newspaper that there was going to be a winter festival this weekend, with ice sculpture creations at the local ski area today from 9 to 3. I thought it would be a fun thing to photograph and get me out of the house and lift my spirits. I was expecting all these ice sculptures in the snow with the green of the surrounding pine trees as background.

Yeah, not so much. My friend and I got there at about 10:30 and saw this:
Oh, but wait. There's a sculpture. Lovely background, eh?
Oh, look, another sculpture...that's exactly like the other one.
There was also this guy. He was pretty cool. But he was behind a wooden barrier so I couldn't get a full unobstructed shot.
And that was it. I wish I'd had the wizard's crystal ball to tell me not to waste my time.
Winter festival: pfffft!

10 comments:

Kristina said...

Well, you made me smile at least :) I've been in an uninspired state as well. I feel your pain!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Sorry it wasn't as cool as you thought it would be. Love the wizrad guy though.

pat said...

Oh, that would've been so much fun in better surroundings!! I really like your new header, Becky...very festive and cheerful :-)

Mom2Drew said...

At least you can say you gave it a good try.

Sharon said...

LOL! At least you got out of the house. ;)

--sme said...

Those are some great shots!! You captured the details really well!

Anonymous said...

Those ice sculptures are very cool!

Jodie said...

They are some pretty cool looking sculptures!

Reds said...

Made you get out of your house!! ;) and made me smile!! :)

Amy said...

First, your header is so pretty and perfect for February! The wizard sculpture is pretty cool, but looks like the winter festival planners didn't think much about making a nice display for them! :)