Wednesday, August 26, 2009

West Quoddy Head Lighthouse

After our five days in Canada, we headed across the bridge to Lubec, Maine and then back home. In Lubec we stopped to see West Quoddy Head Lighthouse, my favorite lighthouse of the trip and one I've wanted to visit for a long time. And I finally got some beautiful blue skies that day!

I was standing as far back against a fence as I could go on this side and couldn't fit the very top of the lighthouse in my frame with my 24-70mm lens at 24mm. I shouldn't have been too lazy to go back to the car for my fisheye; I bet that would have been cool.




I think this concludes my vacation photos. It took more days to post my photos than the whole trip took.
Today was Delaney's first day of 8th grade. I need to go back and recrop this since I chopped off her hands:

8 comments:

pat said...

I like this lighthouse, too--the horizontal stripes always remind me of witches' stockings. Love the red roofs to match the lighthouse stripes. And yea! for the blue skies!! Delaney sure is a cute cute girl, Becky.

Cindi Koceich said...

Very cool lighthouse!! DH and I took a trip a few years ago to visit all of the north carolina light houses! It was lots of fun!!

Lauren Hartman said...

I am such a sucker for lighthouses, especially striped ones. I wish out lighthouses were as cool as east coast ones.

Delaney is looking mighty gorwn up here, hope she had a fabulous first day of school!

PS, your comment on my blog made me LOL.

Suzy said...

That lighthouse would be awesome to visit! Great photographs and Delaney is so very beautiful!!

Reds said...

What a beautiful cool lighthouse! Love the stripes!! And Delaney is gorgeous!

Angela2932 said...

The lighthouse is beautiful, but those photos are over-shadowed by how beautiful Delaney is! She's really grown up a lot over the last several months!

The JR said...

Great photos. Your daughter is beautiful.
Ramona

Sharon said...

I love that lighthouse. Red & white stripes are perfect, though it doesn't make it look any thinner. ;)

Delaney only in 8th? Uh oh, you are going to be in trouble with that beauty. ;)