Thursday, June 19, 2008

That's sketchy

Some friends of my dad and stepmom's offered their home (on the beach--so nice) to host their anniversary party, and I wanted to do something to thank them. While I was there I took a photo of the house. Then I turned it into a sketch in PSE, using the instructions here
http://www.photoshopcreativeelements.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2058

from a link that Amy (MommytoTen) ) shared on her blog: http://dailypleasures.blogspot.com/ (Thanks, Amy!)

Then I printed it on white cardstock and framed it:
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Hopefully they won't look at my family blog and follow the link here and see this before I get a chance to give it to them. :-D

17 comments:

Reds said...

Aren't you sweet! What a great gift!!

Jena K Photography said...

Awesome gift! Great job on the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Ok that is really cool. What a great gift!
Cari

Sharon said...

Very cool!

amazing grace said...

what a great idea! looks great framed! :)

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

That is beautiful. I am sure they will love it! I hope they don't see it before you give it to them!!

Ginnie said...

So cool! PS I love the header

Cindi Koceich said...

What an amazingly awesome and thoughtful gift!!! I love that idea!!!

pat said...

What a neat, personal gift! Great idea, Becky. Nice work converting the photo.

Anonymous said...

WOW...these is so awesome. I cannot get over how great it looks. And you are SO SO sweet. They are going to love this gift.

Sandra Collins said...

beautiful gift - tfs

Debbi said...

What a terrific gift idea. It looks beautiful - I'm sure they will LOVE it!

♥ Amy said...

Wow, Becky. That's really beautiful. You did a great job and I love the mat and frame.

April said...

that is so cool that you would do that. it looks awesome!

Diana said...

thats a great gift and it came out very nice

Michelle said...

what a thoughtful gift!

Amy said...

That is so sweet and such a GREAT gift! I'm sure they'll love it!