Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer day 3

Summer is...spending a Sunday at Fenway Park watching baseball.With the family (who really were happy to be there--it was just hot and we were in a rain delay).
You all remember my boyfriend Quadzilla (aka Jason Varitek), don't you?
You may remember my posting a photo of my DS playing baseball with the one-sleeve look inspired by one of our Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury. He's too young to be my boyfriend, that would be pervy. :-D Here he is. It's so fun watching him steal bases.
I love when the big guys support each other. Manny Ramirez giving Julio Lugo a ride:

At one point my lens looked over here and said, "Mama? If I eat my vegetables will I grow up to be big and strong like these guys?" I hope so, baby, I hope so.

16 comments:

Sharon said...

Why do they call them red sox when they wear such long pants? ;)

Anonymous said...

Those are fantastic...wow!!! That last one and your words to go with it...well that is just too funny! I am glad I wasn't drinking anything!
Cari

Lauren Hartman said...

Oh my gosh, your poor lens must have felt so inadequate. Just remind him that size isn't everything! Have I mentioned this week how much I love reading your musings? :)

pat said...

Becky, I love these shots!! I feel like I was at the game. Tell your lens that the veggies will help, but only steroids will really do the trick.

Angela2932 said...

Becky, you're scaring me! Your lens talks to you????? Just don't go putting it in a stroller, or anything, ok? I love that you stopped to photograph the "big guys!" And the piggyback guys are awfully cute!

April said...

oh my gosh..you are hilarious!! thanks for the laughs! those are great pictures! and some pretty cute guys!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos! Nice and crisp and colorful!

Reds said...

Love these shots - so lucky to be able to go see baseball! We used to have a team in Montreal and they moved ... :(

Jess said...

Wow, these are AMAZING! And OMG- total lens-envy over here in that last shot! WOWSERS!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Very cool shots. I love baseball. I didn't know lenes could talk. I need to train mine better.

Alexis said...

How fun! What a great way to spend a summer day - and your comment about the lens is too funny!

Michelle said...

ROFL about what your lens "said"! love all the shots you caught here. they are so clear! looks like your family picked just the right day to go.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Those are amazing shots!!! And I love the lens "talk"!! That was too funny.

Tracy said...

Great shots Becki! Tell your lens to behave and maybe someday...just maybe...it cracks me up seeing all those white lenses with that Nikon tape in front of them...too funny!

Melissa said...

Great shots! But you hate me remember. . .I'm a yankee fan :) I love your comment on your last shot! LOL!

Amy said...

You got some GREAT shots! And I had to read that one comment twice and then see the photo to understand, but once I did I was LOL!!! You're too funny!