Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's whining hot

It's whining hot. The kind of hot that makes me whine. The kind that makes the backs of my knees sweaty. But at least I don't have to play baseball in the heat. Here's a very sweaty important man in my life, my DS on the mound at a Babe Ruth baseball game. We bought him some bigger pants after this game. But the one-sleeve thing is intentional. Even big boys like to imitate the major leaguers, and one of our beloved Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury, sports the one-sleeve (throwing arm) look.Like I said, it's hot. Here's Baxter waiting for me to open the gate so he can go swimming:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that last shot...what a cute dog!!! What kind is he??
Cari

Cindi Koceich said...

I'm with Baxter...can I go swimming too??? I too HATE the heat! It's a good thing for swimming pools and water parks! :)

Amy said...

Your son looks very intent. I love the look on your dog's face, like "come on already!"

PS...saw your comment on my blog re: riding the horse. Don't think I won't!!!

pat said...

A pool?! Lucky you!! You can tell how hot it was when your son was playing--he looks beat from the heat.

For Over 29 Years... said...

that is hysterical of the dog. Very clear shot of your DS, love that he is looking up to a pro.

--sme said...

Poor pup! And "whining hot" might be a new phrase in my vocabulary! It really IS that hot! :)

Angela2932 said...

I love the look on Baxter's face! He's quite the effective little communicator! You have such a way with words, "whining hot"! Now just pick one of those 18 swimsuits and jump right in!

Mom2Drew said...

I'm sorry you're so hot there. That pool looks so inviting!

Stacey said...

What great shots. I love both of them. I'm so jealous you have a pool.

Reds said...

Hot here too - Baxter is a lucky dog to be able to go swimming... got no pool here... :(

♥ Amy said...

Love that shot of Baxter. He reminds me of Quackers waiting patiently outside the door for someone to show some pity on her.

Michelle said...

your son looks like he's really into the game! great shot. and i'm totally in the pool with baxter! :)

Bobbi said...

I hate being too hot, I feel for all you active people out there lol. At least one of your son's arm is cool...that would make for a sweet farmers tan ;)