Sunday, June 15, 2008

More important men, the oldies

I guess after not posting on "important men" theme all week, I've decided I'm not quite done. I was looking through my scanned photos and found some oldies that were good for the theme.

Here's my dad back in the day (the day of hair):
This is my husband's grandfather. I love this photo. He was a lumberjack. Isn't that cool?
Here's DH's grandfather again with his own father. DH recently received this photo from a distant relative. We don't have many old photos so getting one of his great-grandfather was exciting. I can definitely look at DH's grandfather in this photo and see my DH in him.
And here is the love of my life, my DH. When I pulled this one up on the computer DH said, "Can you believe you procreated with that?" Aww, he was cute. He just had a bad haircut. His dad used to give him haircuts (too poor vs. too cheap to go to the barber is the big debate) and DH still has trauma over it. Can't say I blame him. I've got photos of him with worse haircuts than this one. :-D. My father-in-law is a man of many talents, but barbering isn't one of them.

14 comments:

Reds said...

Love old pics - you've got some great ones! Love the one of your dh - bad haircut but real cute!

pat said...

Becky, these old photos are treasures! What a great way for your kids to get to "know" their "greats".

Kristina said...

I LOVE old photos like that. You're so fortunate to have these! Oh, and I had no idea the Wii was so rude like that--they weigh you?!? Your Wii family is really cute :)

Bobbi said...

Wow those old pics are really amazing! I too really love that lumberjack one. I love the bad hair too lol....I wanna see the worse one ;)

For Over 29 Years... said...

I think I have a picture of my DH in that exact shirt with the same hair cut! so funny.

Angelica said...

Those are some really cool old photos ;)

Stacey said...

This is awesome. I love the last one. It has character! All of them do!

Mom2Drew said...

I love old pictures, so much history and oh the stories they tell...

Thank you for letting us share a glimpse into their lives.

Michelle said...

how amazing to have pictures that old! such treasures. and i think your dh was adorable--bad haircut or not! :D

♥ Amy said...

Fun! Old pictures tell so many stories. Love husband's haircut. Poor kid.

Jess said...

Wow, awesome old photos! I love looking at the old b&w's at my grandma's house. I am hoping at least some of them will be passed down to me someday. LOL at the bad haircut, I'm sure we all have had them at some point! Just maybe not as many as your dh! ;)

Tori said...

how fun to look back at these!

Chell said...

I love the old pi8cs. they are so fun to look through..

Amy said...

These pics are treasures.