Sunday, June 8, 2008

Important men in our lives

So this week's theme is important men in our lives/Father's Day. My Dad arrives from Florida for a one-month stay starting this Friday, and I'm so excited! This photo is of one of the other important dads in my life, my father-in-law. Here he is with one of my nieces. I took this last summer when I didn't know a thing about cropping and postprocessing, so if you have any tips for improvement I'd welcome them. (Or if anyone wants to play with it that would be awesome too.) I just love the way you can see the love between them in this shot and the contrast between her youthful skin and his rugged, weathered skin.

15 comments:

Sharon said...

Great capture!

Kristi said...

This is such a sweet shot! A real treasure!! Can't wait to see what you get once your father arrives!!

For Over 29 Years... said...

that is so sweet. I love that you love those little details.

Margaret said...

That is so sweet! So colorful and what a wonderful expression of love! Great job!

pat said...

Oh, Becky, this is a GREAT shot! Such a story in there. Can't wait to see some photos of your dad.

Kari said...

It is very sweet! have you tried it in a sepia tone? It looks great as is, but since you want to play that might look good.

Amy said...

I think your composition is wonderful here! I wouldn't change a thing!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Sweet shot.

Anonymous said...

I love the interaction you caught here. I bet you can't wait to see your dad...that is so exciting.

Chell said...

Oh what a sweet tender moment you caught here.

Reds said...

Sweet post and great pic!

Debbi said...

Wonderful shot!

Michelle said...

what a sweet photo!

S.Kremer said...

THis is adorable! You really capture the love between them.

Shawna (shawkrem)

♥ Amy said...

What a gorgeous photo! It tells its own story of love.