Monday, June 9, 2008

A collection

Here's just a crappy photo of something ridiculous I thought I'd show you. These are my bathing suits. Why do I have 18 LLBean bathing suits, most of which still have tags on them? Because I live in LLBean country, where occasionally they open up clearance centers and sell things at really low prices. Grand total paid for these 18 bathing suits: $18. If you have a pool you know how rough the chemicals are on suits and how many you go through, so I consider this a good investment. But I'm struck by the irony of a 41-year-old fat lady with body issues having 18 bathing suits. I have friends who won't put on a bathing suit in my backyard, never mind in public, and I used to be the same way. But now I just don't care. If I'm hot, I'm going swimming, and if anyone wants to use my pool they'll have to look at my fat a$$ in a bathing suit. Life's too short, I am woman hear me roar, power to the people, let your freak flag fly, etc.
But you won't see me in a bikini. I'm not THAT evolved (or abusive :-D)

17 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! Good deal!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Oh my, thanks for the laugh!! I think I would have 18 suits too if I could get all of them for $18! What awesome deals you must have found.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is awesome...that was a good giggle...I am one of those that will not get in a bathing suit...I hate how I look!!!
Cari

Anonymous said...

Yup...story of my life. I have about 10 of those things in my dresser right now. Only one or two of them have been used. I don't know if the world is really ready for my thighs.

Oh...and I don't have a pool. Which means I have to haul them to the beach. (my thighs that is)

pat said...

YES! I love Bean suits, and I don't even live in Bean country. I too am in the too old/fat for a bathing suit, but then I figured that if people don't like the way I look, they can look the other way. I AM woman!!!

Angela2932 said...

18 suits for $18!!!! That is totally awesome! And I'm betting you are being way too hard on yourself about how you look in these suits! Now, I think back over the years, and think about how many times I thought I'd looked awful in a swimsuit. . . . and realize NOW that compared to now, I actually looked good THEN!!!!

Liz said...

Just wanted to pop in and say HI!
I looked back through all your photos and your flowers are gorgeous. Especially the bleeding heart photo, perfection I tell ya!

lcp said...

LOL - LOVE your post! And $18 for 18 suits?! Incredible! LL Bean makes some great suits too, so it's not like they are crap. Oh to have a swimming pool....*sigh*

Reds said...

$18 for 18 swimsuits! Wow!! I would have bought more than that!! ;) LOL on your comment on being a woman and wearing whatever you want - I'm with you!! :)

Michelle said...

LOL! you go girl! love that attitude!

Mom2Drew said...

Oh, to live next to LLBean would nearly be heaven...I'm jealous! Those are some fun colors and you know, you could sell em on ebay if you don't want to hang on to them all;)

Lori Chapman said...

You lucky lady. I only have one and I hate it. I'm looking for a new one and can't see sending 50$ plus.
You should sell some.

April said...

holy crap!! that's a lot of swimming suits..i only have one. but if i got them for that cheap i'd probably have as many.

Debbi said...

LOL! You are too funny! Cute suits!

Bobbi said...

You are too funny, I love it! Rock on with yourself ;)

For Over 29 Years... said...

Okay I'm a fat short woman also, maybe I need a $1 bathing suit to make me feel better! LOL YOu have fun in those bathing suits.

Amy said...

Hilarious journaling! I like the different colors in your shot.