Friday, June 13, 2008

Family portrait

Well, the important men in my household weren't too cooperative with the theme this week and posing for my camera, so I've resorted to a family portrait as represented by our Wii Fit Mii characters. The blond with her back to us is DD's BFF. I call her daughter #2, so it's fitting that she is in our 'family portrait.' (How convenient that her character turned away when I took the photo of my TV screen since I don't have permission to post her photo on the blog LOL.)Look what a porker my Mii character is! It's a little demoralizing getting on the balance board to be weighed and watching your Mii character blow up like a balloon. A little demoralizing and completely hilarious. :-D
I've heard that that the Wii Fit sometimes tells people they're fatter than they are (check out the funny video below), but in my case I'd have to say it's pretty accurate.




Two thumbs up from me on the Wii Fit game, by the way. Not a great aerobic workout, but really fun.

Links to the textures I used in yesterday's photos: http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ghostbones/sets/72157603698161108/
I got this by following a link that Amy (MommytoTen) posted on her blog. Amy rocks!
http://pifphoto.com/
You'll have to scroll to find them, but there are lots of goodies there. (Most of you probably already know about PIF; I learned about it from you.)

17 comments:

Tricia said...

I just watched that video and I was laughing so hard. I think that guy is a bit mad. LOL

C said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!! A bit obsessive he is?? OY! ;) I love this post... TFS!!

Chell said...

Oh my that is just too funny!!!

Bobbi said...

You seriously crack me up! Ok I totally want a Wii now, please explain that to my husband. Maybe I will get that for him for Fathers Day;)

Trina said...

hahaha, that video is funny!! Your wii family is very cute!

C said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the texture link :)

Joanne Fowler said...

TOO FUNNY!!!!!

Tori said...

We have a fit and I love it! Of course, being pregnant i can't do a lot yet, but it's still fun. Even my 5 y/o loves it! Love the family portrait.... DH just looked over when I laughed and informed me I shouldn't take one of our family.... or I'll be in trouble. :)

Reds said...

LOL - Funny!!! What a great idea for family portrait!!

Jess said...

Super cute family photo! LOL! I want to buy the Wii fit here soon. And that guy is a bit of a loony isn't he? ROFL! Good thing I am not all muscular or I will be a "Wii Fatii" too! :p

NTD said...

Love your family photo. You are so funny. Does your Wii self not do WW?

♥ Amy said...

You're family photo is a scream! Love it! And thanks for the "mention." Those textures are great, aren't they?

Amy said...

LOL! That was funny!

pat said...

Hahahaha!!! I feel that guy's pain. He certainly is NOT pleased. LOVE the family portrait, Becky!

Sharon said...

Too funny! That video is hilarious. And I would be happy to see myself with skinny legs.

Angela2932 said...

Becky, I totally love this photo of you and your dad! You are beautiful, and I love the interaction between the 2 of you.

Angela2932 said...

Oh, and I just had to say that your comment about "fans of the phallus around here" really cracked me up!