Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pink lady's slippers

Happiness is spotting the somewhat rare lady's slipper while out on your walk and then going back with your camera and crawling on the ground in the woods to get a shot. I think that's dandelion fuzz clinging to it. That stuff has been flying around here like it's snowing the past few days.You need a pair if you're going to have slippers:
Trying the rounded corners thing:
I actually didn't have to crawl very far into the woods. These were just off my road in a wooded area. I was very careful not to disturb or trample them because they're protected in some places. And because I try not to ever trample flowers. That's the dog's job. But I didn't let him trample the lady's slippers.

15 comments:

Lori Chapman said...

I'm in aww at looking at these slippers. Its been years and I mean years like 15+ since I have seen one or two up close. They are stunning. You did a great job catching their beauty.

Chell said...

wow soo pretty. great capture

pat said...

Oh, Becky, you have transported me back at least 30 or more years to our cottage, where we had these growing prolifically all over. I LOVE these photos, AND the trip down memory lane. Nice work!!!

And, Peas seems to be down.

Sara said...

These make me happy, too :)

Cindi Koceich said...

I don't think I've ever seen one of those!! They are beautiful!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

These are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE lady slippers. I can honestly say I think I have only seen one or two my entire life. I don't think I have ever trampled any either.

Your color is amazing. It really seems like all of the color in the flowers this year is just unreal. It kind of makes our job a bit easier, huh?

Reds said...

Gorgeous!! Love these flowers!

Sandra Collins said...

These are fantastic - love the one with the rounded corners

C said...

These are beautiful! What a find if you say these are a bit rare. In the first 2 the flowers almost look a little sad. funny. I've never seen this flower before! TFS! I like the rounded corners too! :)

Jen said...

I like the color on these... nice!

mel said...

beautiful! I haven't seen any for a while. They should bloom around here next month I think. Great shots, love the pair of them!

Farrah Jobling said...

what pretty flowers! I really love these!

Suzy said...

Now thats "my" kind of happiness! Great shots!

Tera Fraley said...

Great angles, love that you were right at the level with the ground. Such a pretty flower and I love the rounded corners.