Friday, May 16, 2008

The next thing to bloom

The next thing to bloom in my yard will be purple irises:
Canon 40D with 100mm macro lens, handheld
AV mode: F4.0 SS 1/500 ISO800 (keep forgetting to check that)
CWB, matrix metering mode
Exposure compensation +1.00 (forgot to check that too)
Boosted contrast, soft light layer, cropped and resized for web

Sorry I've been so late every day on commenting. My two kids have had 18 ball games in 12 days, and I started a Smugmug gallery to share those photos, and that's keeping me pretty busy. It was so much easier to stay caught up during the long winter months when I spent most days home and inside. :-) I don't know how those of you with small children and jobs do it. You're superwomen (and men)!

6 comments:

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I love iris. Nice shot. Now I have to go check the Iris farm here and see if they are in bloom

Amy said...

This is so pretty! I can't wait to see it in full bloom. One of my favorite color combos is purple and green. :)

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

My mom always called these flowers "flags" when I was growing up. They grew right outside of our frony door. Great picture.

Margaret said...

So beautiful. I love the vibrant colors in these. Sounds like your life is ultra-busy!!

pat said...

OH! Can't wait to see these when they bloom. I LOVE iris, but don't have any in my garden out in the woods... The bokeh on this is just right; love the softness of the iris leaves, but the angularity is still there.

C said...

Oh yay, they will be so pretty! Can't wait to see them :)