Friday, May 23, 2008

Kayaking

Happiness is my kayak. And DH taking the day off from work so we can take the kayaks out for the first time this year. And beating the rain that rolled in a few hours later. The camera got stowed safely back in the car and didn't go out on the water with me (there is a disposable camera of mine on the bottom of this lake--I'll tell you that story sometime), so I did not get a photo of the eagle's nest and eagle that we saw, but that made me happy too. I realize that this is the second time in my POTD history that I've claimed to you that I saw an eagle and didn't get a photo. But it's true, I pinkie swear. :-)
Canon 40D
ISO400 F9.0 SS1/1000

14 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah yeah... I'll believe it when I see it! LOL! (j/k!)

LOVE the kayak shot- that pop of orange kayak against the cooler colors of the water and trees is AWESOME! It sounds like a fun fun day (and relaxing too!). :)

Sara said...

How inviting!
I wish I was there...

Sharon said...

Looks so peaceful.

And you could have just found a stock image and claimed it as your own. ;)

Lauren Hartman said...

What a beautiful photo and location. I believe you about the eagle. Sometimes I like NOT having my camera with me when I see stuff like that, then I can be totally "present" and enjoy the moment for what it is, and not worry about getting the photo. KWIM? Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Kari said...

I like this scene! Wish I was there! You'll get the eagle next time! Keep trying...

pat said...

Ahhhh, love it love it. The vibrant color of the kayak just sings against all the serene blues and greens. What a great shot; I wish I was there!!!

Kristina said...

Kayaking? For real? Or are you just joking with us again...you see, I never know when to take you seriously. :)

Debbi said...

What a beautiful spot!

Bobbi said...

That looks fun, my dh wants to try kayaking...maybe i will go with him. Ok I probably won't but it still looks fun (I hate being in the sun)

Tori said...

nice shot! love the bright colors of the kayak!

♥ Amy said...

Love the color, Becky! That orange really makes the blue pop!

April said...

great shot..good idea not to take your camera..but very convinent about the eagle..jk!! i believe you!

Tera Fraley said...

Wow, look at that blue!! Great photo, it looks so relaxing there.

Tracy said...

Ahh-ver relaxing indeed-my namesake would like this shot too!