Sunday, May 4, 2008

A bird, a dog, and a girl

Bird of the day, a blue jay. Shot through a window w/ Canon 40D with 70-300 lens at 300 mm, ISO1600 F5.6 SS1/400 Do you think my dog is spoiled? This looks really bad on here. It didn't look this bad in Photoshop. Not good, but not this bad ;-). Anyway. Also shot with 40D and same lens at 70mm, ISO800 F4.0 SS1/15. This is so typically Baxter I wanted to show you.
The theme this week is important women in our lives. I'm going to need some type of special dispensation before I can get a photo of my mom up, so here's one of my favorite girl who will be a woman much too soon. She looks like she has no arms.
Remember that photo the other day that looked like DS had four legs? Put these two photos together and it looks like I was exposed to some horrible toxins while pregnant with them.

15 comments:

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

Lovin' that bird. I never have any luck with birds. You can see the feather detail. awesome.

Joanne Fowler said...

Awesome bird shot! The dog is hilairous! Love the bball pics too!

Amy said...

Awesome bird shot and that one of your dog is so funny! I'm LOL at your comment regarding the ones of your dd and ds, you're always make me smile!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

My dog Lucky sits on our couch the same way. I can always count on you to make me laugh. Your are to funny.

Shanna Jones said...

You're so right. She does look like she has no arms!...LOL

Chell said...

That bird shot is great. Love the spoiled dog.

Anonymous said...

love that dog shot! that rocks!
Cari

pat said...

Oh, I love blue jays. We have the Western Mountain Jays, which wear dark blue/black coats, rather than these brilliant multi-blues. Your dog looks waaaaaay too comfy!!

Nina said...

love the one with the bird so vivid

Jess said...

Wow, to get that blue jay so crisp through a window is amazing! You must have clean windows. *snort* Love your dog, my dh sits like that, LOL! And I had to giggle about you being exposed to some toxins while preggo- it's funny what the wrong angle on a pic can do to limbs! :p

Reds said...

Beautiful shot of the bird. And love the shot of Baxter - too funny that he hangs out like that! He looks very spoiled!! For some reason can't see the last pics...?? Will try later at home...

Debbi said...

These are all really terrific, fun shots!

Cindi Koceich said...

I never would have guessed that the bird shot was through a window and at 1600 ISO no less...wow!

Really great shot!

Love the puppy shot too! These are the times I wish I were a dog...jk!

Sara said...

Nice shot through the window!!!
And LOL at the dog...

Angela2932 said...

Becky, you are so funny! I love the bird shot; I wish I could get a larger view of it--the dark blue patterned part of its feathers just looks so luxurious! Becky, after these shots of your ds and dd, we're really going to need to see a photo of them that looks. . . normal!