Friday, May 2, 2008

A couple more test shots

Just to clarify a little since I wasn't clear in my post last night because of my excitement. I got the Canon 40D, not the Nikon D40. Kind of confusing that these model names/numbers are so similar. I'm glad I didn't accidentally order the D40 because I wouldn't have any lenses for that. :-) I've been shooting with the RebelXT since 2006.

I spent most of my time with the new camera at baseball today (wow! on the frames-per-second) but haven't edited any yet. This morning I wanted to see what the camera could do with ISO1600:
Another one at 1600 and cropped in quite a bit. Still good at handling noise:
And one from DD's softball game the other day. Here she is sliding into home. It looks like she was out but she was actually safe--the ball is way over on the left outside of the frame :-D. I like the look on her face:

17 comments:

Jess said...

Ooh, these are great! You are rocking that new camera girl! I see NO noise in the first two... WOW! :)

Now I REALLY can't wait to get mine!

selena said...

I'm impressed...I would never have guessed you used ISO 1600! Great softball shot too :)

Malisa said...

These are nice shots! Did you find that Rebel XT seems to handle noise nicely? I think I can get some pretty decent pics with 1600 ISO on mine.

Debbi said...

Great shots! I can't wait to see more of the baseball shots with your NEW camera! :)

Trina said...

Now I can see why people upgrade their cameras! (I had a post yesterday asking what the point was). My entry level camera would never be able to take shots like that at 1600 without a ton of noise! Have fun with your new baby!

Amy said...

Great shots! Love the action of the softball shot and I don't see any noise at all in the other two! Glad you're enjoying your new camera!!!

LuckyMommy's Photography Blog said...

I am loving that softball slide! Awesome clarity!

Sara said...

Looks like you and your 40D are getting along nicely...

Sharon said...

Wonderful!

Reds said...

Wonderful crisp shots!! So happy for you!!

Amy said...

Fun, fun, fun with your awesome new camera. Great shots!

Angela2932 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela2932 said...

Oh, Becky, these are wonderful! I love that first one! Keep telling us what you think the difference is between the two cameras. I have a Nikon D40, will eventually upgrade, but know that I have plenty of room to learn with this one first. (I garbled my last comment and had to fix it)

pat said...

Man, can't believe those first two are at that high of an ISO!! That 40D handles noise really well. Nice crisp shots and great color, too, Becky. Can't wait to see some of your sports shots.

Christiana said...

Welcome to the club! Don'tcha love it. I can't see any noise either. Great shots!!

Tera Fraley said...

Ohh these are great! Hope you enjoy your new toy!!

Tracy said...

Becky these are great-can't wait to get mine for the same reason-nice "quiet" images-love these shots-I'd be in lust with it if I were you-those are some awesome images!