Monday, May 19, 2008

Happiness

I didn't feel like wrestling with my camera at the Red Sox game so I just brought my point and shoot with me, so here is a really bad photo. But it's my "happiness" theme photo of the day:Part of your identity if you're a Red Sox fan is a white-hot burning hatred of the Yankees. I have to admit, though, that ever since the Sox vanquished them in 2004, the hatred may burn just a little less hot. The Yankees have almost become....irrelevant. But I still hate them. A lot. Like really, really a lot.
And though I generally have the philosophy of "never say never," I have to admit that when Becky mentioned in my comments yesterday something about converting me to a Yankee fan, I thought, "Never!" The very idea is just so absurd to me. Never! Well, maybe if I had some kind of accident and became severely brain damaged. Nah, not even then. The basic instinct would have to remain. Never!

I just have to edit to add how excited I am that I just watched Jon Lester throw a no-hitter! !!! This young guy: diagnosed with cancer late in the season in 2006, got the win in the World Series clincher in 2007, and just threw a no-hitter. It's getting a little dusty in here. Sniff.

18 comments:

Sharon said...

The only bad photos are the one you don't take b/c you didn't have a camera. ;)

Reds said...

Love this! And your journaling is too funny!! I am not a fan of baseball but I understand how you feel!!

Anonymous said...

that is great and I love your words that you wrote!!! I am also LOVING that photo in the post below...that ROCKS!
Cari

Amy said...

awesome! I can understand that hatred without any true reason other than existance when it comes to sports!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Your funny. Sorry here is where I draw the line. You are talking to a yankee fan.

Margaret said...

Your journaling is great! Cool shot, too, although my 8-year-old is a Yankees fan. Do you still like me?

pat said...

HAHAHAHAA!!!! I LOVE this journaling. When DD lived in NYC, we saw this rivalry from the other side. Of course, DH and I are from Michigan, so we are Tigers fans.

Anonymous said...

lmao!! im laughing so hard i think i soiled myself!!! bahahaha! as soon as i saw that pic.. i just knew! hey, even tho your a boston fan.. i still like you !! ;)

Stacey said...

Ok. That is not a bad photo at all. I'm so jealous you were at a red sox game. That would be happiness!

Debbi said...

LOL! As I've mentioned before, my DH is a lifelong Red Sox fan (got to see them against Twins last week)and he feels the same way about the Yankees. Just yesterday morning he checked the paper and did a little happy dance that NY is in last place. So exciting about Lester!

lcp said...

hmmmm, I personally have no interest in pro baseball, but I know my kids would have a word or two to say about this - they think EVERYONE loves the Yankees since they do! :-)

Jen said...

LOL! We went to Boston last year for a wedding and took the tour of Fenway! It was awesome! But. alas... we are mortal enemies... LOL! Well sort of... I am a Marlin fan... but my American League team is the Yankees!

Sandra Collins said...

love it!

Jess said...

ROFL! And that is too cool about Jon Lester, I did now know that. *sniff* it must be dusty in here too...;)

Anonymous said...

I can't get over that guy! He is unreal! I didn't catch the game (my husband wanted to watch a gay ass movie).

It is only my pure pleasure that the Yankees are at the bottom. I never actually care WHO wins the world series as long is it is NOT the Yankees.

Bobbi said...

I don't know anythign about baseball but I feel you on the not wanting to lug the beast around sometimes. I really need to buy a small everyday camera.

April said...

haha..that is awesome.

Melissa said...

I'm a huge yankee fan, although I have to admit they freakin' stink right now!