Monday, March 31, 2008

Meet my nephew

We got to meet our newest nephew this weekend. Baby E is four months old. DH's brother and his family live in the D.C. area and came up for my other BIL's surprise 30th birthday party.

I always say I don't do people pictures, but I want to get better, so I'd really like CC on this one. One thing I think is that I blew out the right side of his face? The details: shot with my 24-70 lens at 70mm. Custom white balance, ISO 400, F3.5 and SS1/100 (although I took it in P mode so I didn't do the work of setting the f-stop or shutter speed). This was a shot of him sitting on DH's lap that I cropped. I can't remember exactly what PP I did on it now, but I did use an eye pop technique I learned in a tutorial. Oh, how I love to cuddle babies! You can CC this one if you want also, but DH took it so be gentle please (although I think he does better with people photos than I do most of the time):
Tomorrow I'll show you baby E's big brother. He's also adorable! It was great to see our far-away family!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun...he sure is cute!
Cari

Amy said...

What a sweet moment of snuggling with you and your precious little nephew. I love it!

Mom2Drew said...

He's a doll, look at those lips!

Hmmm, it does look a little blown on the right side, but not too bad. Where did you focus?

Jess said...

What a cutie pie! I just love those chubby cheeks.

Michelle said...

he looks like a great bundle of love. so cuddly. as far as "blowing" the skin on his face-did you shoot in RAW? if so, you can always save it.

Kristina said...

Oh, what a sweet baby! I'm no help for your resizing question, but yes, I also think it's maybe a little big since you have to scroll, but it's great for seeing the detail!

Margaret said...

What a sweet little baby. Love that shot of you cuddling him. So cute. Love both of these shots. The first one is a little blown out on the right side.... But I kind of like the effect.

lcp said...

He is adorable! What cute cheeks.

Amy said...

These are so cute and so is he! I think these both look really nice. My goal is to get better at people photos too, so I'm no help there. I'm always better with subjects that don't talk, move around, etc.! :)

Amy said...

Oh yeah, to resize in PS. Go to image (across the top bar), image size and then either choose a size in inches, like 4x6. You'll only have to chose one number and it will automatically chose the other as long as you have 'constrain proportions' checked. You can also choose pixel size, I always do that and chose 800 pixels for my longest side letting PS choose the other side. HTH!

Liz said...

He is adorable!
One side of his face is blown a bit but I kind of like the effect it gives.
I am no help with the resizing issue, I always upload through blogger now.

Suzy said...

He sure is cute!

Reds said...

What a great picture of you and your nephew - love it!! And he is too cute!!

pakosta said...

how fun to meet him! hes' so sweet! love the 2nd one alot!
tara

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

I love the snuggling picture. The blow out isn't too bad, it still has some detail. Can't wait to see big brother!

Val said...

What a beautiful baby. Such kissable cheeks

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....what a cutie. I just adore that chubby little face. It always helps me to focus right on eyes when I am doing a facial shot like that.

Tera Fraley said...

Aww what a cutie. I love those big brown eyes.

Tera Fraley said...

Aww what a cutie. I love those big brown eyes.