Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm a ramblin'...woman

It's official--I will photograph anything, no matter how mundane. And no matter how mundane the subject, I can come up with a long, rambling post about it.

So my doctor told me flaxseed was good for your cholesterol level. First of all, I can't believe I'm old enough to have to think about my cholesterol. I mean, in my head I'm 12. Someone used "big hose" and "laying the pipe" in her POTD today, and I giggled like Beavis and Butthead. Anyway, instead of thinking of some natural way to get flaxseed or omega-3 fatty acids in my diet, I decided to do it the American way and buy a supplement. The recommended dose on the bottle is 6 tablets a day. But then I'm looking at the fine print, and in each pill there are 10 calories and 1 gram of fat, so six tablets is 2 points on Weight Watchers. I only get like 22 or 23 points a day. Do you know what I can have for 2 points? A bowl of oatmeal. Almost a whole bag of popcorn. Two yogurts. A banana. Part of a margarita! And on and on. Screw the flaxseed capsules! I only take one a day. But aren't they pretty capsules?

I also can't believe how much I talk about Weight Watchers, but we'll leave that for another post, where I mention things like the best place to get a good deal on stretch pants and why kids today are so disrespectful and how I don't understand all this newfangled stuff like the internet.

16 comments:

Tera Fraley said...

Love the close up!! How funny that those would amount to that many WW points!!

Jason said...

WOW I never thought something like that would look so cool. I really like the depth of field and love the last shot.

HeyLady said...

Ok. I'm the one with the 'big hose' - laying the pipe. Now I see it differently....

That 2nd shot is great. I tried to get macro shots today for about 30 minutes & basically gave up.

I'm also trying to be good on WW. 2 points for pills - they better make me really, really happy.

Kristina said...

I like the amber color of these. You're so good with close-ups!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Great close-ups!! I really like the DOF on that first pic!

cherie said...

two points for those !!! nice shots.

Anonymous said...

Now I know for sure we would get along just fine. Except the whole ww thing. Don't get me wrong I so need to be doing ww I just havent gotten there yet.

For Over 29 Years... said...

They are very pretty! My Dh takes those also.

Lauren Hartman said...

You post had me totally cracking up. I can relate to way too much of it. Thanks for the chuckle!

Amy said...

I love the topic for the day! I run a cholesterol clinic, so flax seed and fish oil are dear to my heart! Hilarious to see how many points they are too......You can have all kinds of stuff for 2 points!!!

Joanne Fowler said...

Ooooh, love love LOVE the last one!

Donnah Ciempka said...

You have such clever ideas! The two last shots are captured so well. Who would have thought such everyday thing would make such a cool shot.

Stacey said...

These are cool shots. I love the color.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god Becky...you totally have the FUNNIEST and most interesting blog. I love coming here, knowing I will find out something interesting (seriously...who KNEW about the fat and calories in those things), but I will also see great photos and have a good laugh. We really should get together. Even without our camera's its bound to be a good time.

Val said...

Great shots! Hopefully you submitted the pill shots for stock! LOL about the amount of points

Kelly said...

Interesting subject butw onderful shots. I really, really like the second one. That could not have been easy to do.