Friday, March 21, 2008

First Day of Spring

I'm posting super early because of my Blogger problem, which is that it takes a million tries to get one photo up--I keep getting a connection timed out message. Maybe it's just too busy at the time I try to post in the evening. These went up pretty fast.

I love this Peep's crooked eyes (and little "mole" between his eyes.)
Why I'm glad I got the point and shoot to keep in my pocket. Some deer in the neighbor's yard yesterday. Baxter didn't even bother them--because he's too short to see over the snowbank he didn't even notice them.
And this is what the first day of spring in Maine is like. It was 22 degrees today and wicked windy. This is a photo of my cheek after my walk today. Color is SOOC, I just cropped it. There was no way I was showing you the photo of my whole face. And I promise this is my face cheek, not my butt cheek. :-D My butt cheek isn't hairy like this (see the strands of hair on the lower right), although it probably was this red after my cold walk.

22 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh your poor cheek! I don't think I want to visit Maine anymore. ;)

Jason said...

lol, those are some fun shots!

You have to love that wind ;)

Tracie said...

You are so funny! I love deer, they are absolutely beautiful animals.

C said...

ROFLMAO! You are too funny with what you said about the cheek picture!!!! Beautiful deer shot.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danielle said...

love the peeps and that's cold. Your cheek!

Mom2Drew said...

That's red, looks like my skin at times:)

Oh, that little peep is so full of character. Too bad it'll loose it's head pretty soon (if not already.)

For Over 29 Years... said...

so funny!!!!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

The peep made me laugh! Great shots!

Amy said...

You're so funny! Those are some great shots, I'm glad you had the p&s too so you could share the deer with us! Little Peep is pretty cute!

Margaret said...

Mole on the Peep? I'm pretty sure it's a beauty mark!:) Your journaling is always so amusing. BRRR. Must be really cold!

Anonymous said...

wow look at those deer!! im glad your butt cheek isnt hairy! but im sorry its still so cold!

Stacey said...

Oh boy we had lots of snow too on the first weekend of spring. Sob sob. Nice shots. I love the green peep.

Bobbi said...

You crack me up, wow it looks cold out there. Ilove your poor mis-aligned peep ;)

Ashley Hiskes said...

I always wanted to live in Maine. I think I have changed my mind. LOL Hope you are warm now.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA...What a total riot. All I can think of now is the Austin Powers movie. (Yeah, I know, I am SO classy).

It was so freezing yesturday. We went to Freeport and I swear I spent more money JUST because I went into every store to get warm.

Val said...

LOL about your cheek shot. hehe Love that slightly malformed peep.

mel said...

nice shot of the deer! I have a sis that lives out in ME, and I'd love to visit, but not in winter! I have enough winter her in MN!

pakosta said...

the deer are soo COOL!
tara

Tori said...

LOL! YOu absolutely crack me up! fun shots!

pat said...

Ouch! That is one wind-blasted, cold cheek. Hope spring gets there soon. Love the Peep--the Uneven-eyed Peep, which are somewhat rare. Love the deer too--glad you had that P&S.

Joanne Fowler said...

LOL!!!!! You're so funny!!!

Love the unique peep!