Saturday, March 15, 2008

Balloons

Today's POTD is brought to you by DH. He was in Phoenix for work this past week, and one evening he took a sunset hot air balloon ride. I was so jealous but so happy for him to get to go. Of course I sent the point and shoot with him and begged him to take photos. Didn't he do a good job? We have a local balloon festival here every year, and this past year I went with my camera but only got to see one balloon actually launch. Maybe I'll show you those photos tomorrow and have you vote on who did a better job, me or DH . ;-)





And speaking of Pi Day yesterday, I had a lightbulb moment. I had heard in past years about Pi Day, but I just thought it was like all those other randomly picked days like Talk Like a Pirate Day and never made the connection that it was on March 14. So yesterday my son's girlfriend came over and brought leftover pie because they had celebrated pi day in her math class. I was thinking Pie Day still, and then she explained it to me and I was all, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I get it....3.14!" And then immediately got up to take a picture. And still speaking of Pi, have you read the book Life of Pi? It's really good.

18 comments:

Sharon said...

Very cool pics! Love the different perspective.

Margaret said...

Great hot air balloon shots! I used to live in the Phoenix area. Makes me miss it! Many years ago, I got to ride in a hot air balloon. It was so much fun! I thought I would be terrified, but it was great fun!

C said...

Love love love the 1st and 4th shot! They have such wonderful colors and great comp in the 4th too!! :)

Cindi Koceich said...

oh man...how cool are those shots!!! He did a fantastic job!!!

pat said...

These are nice shots! Love the ones from inside the gondola, looking up into the balloon. Plus, the shadow shot rocks.
And duh--I am such a math lamebrain that Pi Day NEVER dawned on me until I read your explanation...

Jaime said...

These are great shots!! that first one, I can almost "feel" the heat coming from that balloon!

Trisha D said...

These are very cool pictures...I have never got to see a hot air balloon up close (just in the air), but would love too...though I'm not sure if I'd like to go up in one...I'm afraid of heights! haha

Amy said...

He did great, these are awesome! I have read Life of Pi, I loved that book!

~*Steffie*~ said...

He did a great job! I love the colors in #4. Spectacular!

Stacey said...

I did read Life of Pi and it is a good book. These shots are so colorful. I love them. I like the different perspectives too. Good work.

Val said...

Wow! he did a great job! (No WAY I'd go up in one of those things though!)

Michelle said...

such different shots! the first and fourth one are so outside the box. great job of your hubby!

scrapperjen said...

Oh my goodness! These are gorgeous!

Angelica said...

I'd say he did a pretty good job. love the shadow one...very cool. love all the bright colors as well!

HeyLady said...

I love the 3rd shot! I've gone to the Albequerque balloon festival several times & the photo opps are incredible. He did a great job w/the P&S.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...these photos are so great. Your dh did an awesome job with the P & S. That is so funny that you mention Pi Day because I HAD NO FREAKING CLUE that was what it was all about. Hello! Hahaha. Thanks for sharing light bulb moment with me so I could have one too. Duh.

Anonymous said...

oopps that last comment was from me. sorry about that. Mandy was here. Hehehe

mel said...

very fun! great colors!