Friday, March 28, 2008

My Christmas Bunny

This bunny is very special to me. He is not an Easter bunny, he is a Christmas bunny. Many years ago DH had taken the kids out to buy Christmas presents for me and told them, "Remember, it's a surprise for Mommy so don't tell her." When they returned from their shopping trip DD came straight in to the kitchen where I was standing at the counter, climbed up on her stool, looked at me with her big brown eyes, chubby cheeks, and big smile and said in her sweet toddler voice, "I got ya bunny!" It is one of my favorite memories, and I can see it all clearly in my mind's eye and still hear that voice. "I got ya bunny" has become part of our family lexicon, and I smile and get all mushy whenever I look at my little Christmas bunny.I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I want to thank you all for the comments you leave me. I appreciate each and every one of them, and you can't imagine how you stroke my ego when you tell me I'm funny. :-) I think God gave me payback for laughing when I got "Faith" stuck in all your heads, though. I woke up to several inches of new snow. And then I had to go to the gyno. Joke's on me now!

17 comments:

Reds said...

Such a sweet story!!! Love the bunny!!! And I was one of the "lucky" ones who had "Faith" playing in my head all day long!!! ;) Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

what a cute bunny and i love that story. very sweet.

Sharon said...

Such a wonderful memory.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet journaling to go with your cute bunny.

Mom2Drew said...

Such a sweet memory and I love that it's become so special to you. I know I'll do the same things with my boys.

Kristina said...

That's so precious! We have funny sayings like that too, that are now just part of our family's lingo. Hope you've got that written down somewhere!

Tera Fraley said...

LOL! You are too funnY! I enjoy visiting your blog each day! Great story.. such a sweet momento.

Unknown said...

Such a cute story... Never seen a christmas bunny before.

Amy said...

Oh, I love your bunny story. I have so many stories in my mind and heart where I can remember all of the sweet little details like that. Pictures are wonderful to provoke those memories.

Danielle said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful family memory with us.

Chell said...

Great story. Cute bunny

Anonymous said...

you crack me up!! but haha for getting that song in my head!! It's called karma!

love your journaling today!!

pat said...

What a cute story. Don't you love how little kids just can't wait to share a secret?

Anonymous said...

LOL...I love your story so much. That is priceless!

And yeah. I am SO over the now right now. Seriously...but my GYNO is kind of cute, so I never mind going. LOL. (did I actually JUST say that??)

Angela2932 said...

Well, Becky, you ARE funny! And wonderfully so! I enjoy reading what you write so much; it's just such a treat! You stir up my own mischievousness! And you're also such a good macro-inspiration buddy, and that makes me quite happy. Cute bunny; terrific story! I hope you print out your journaling and photo and preserve it visually for the family history!

Amy said...

What sweet journaling, sounds like a wonderful memory! It's a cute Christmas bunny too!

Ginnie said...

Becky, thanks so much for letting me know about the background that I hadn't edited. I don't know how I let that one slip. How embarrassing. I'm so glad that you said something, I wish someone would have said something earlier. Thanks again!