Monday, April 14, 2008

What is it again

The bird in yesterday's post was a female brown-headed cowbird. A female cowbird doesn't make a nest of her own but instead is a brood parasite. She lays her eggs in the nests of other bird species, who then raise the young cowbirds. Not only that, but the female cowbird will often even destroy or eat the other birds' eggs.
Nature can be so harsh.

If this were a cowbird, I'd think she was saying to me, "Screw you and your judgment of me as a bad parent and a bad bird." But it's just a little junco who appears to be mooning me for my own pleasure.
And here's today's "what is it" photo. It's very exciting.
Scroll down for the answer.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I told you it was exciting. I hope your heart stops beating fast enough to let you get some sleep. I know that between my random bird facts and photos of exercise equipment my blog can be a little overstimulating.

22 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

Does that pushup thing really work? I'd like to give it a try if so...hmmmm.....

Your journaling is great.

Reds said...

You are too funny!! Love the bird shot!! ;) As for the pushup thing -never would have gotten it!! And I'm curious too... does it really work??

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh I'm so glad you told us cause that was going to drive me nuts. You really crack me up.

C said...

LOL, about the bird! Great shots!

Kristina said...

Hmm...are there two of those? One for each hand?

Jason said...

Great mystery shot! I heard those work really well!

Tera Fraley said...

How cool, I dont think I would be able to do very many pushups. LOL

Val said...

LOL at the mooning bird

Margaret said...

That bird photo is too funny! And thanks for sharing what the mystery photo was... I had no idea and I just hate being in suspense. Excitement..suspense..either way, I may be up all night now!;)

pat said...

Love the junco shot---:-). And, in fact, I am so excited by the Perfect Pushup helper that I can feel my heart racing and will opt out on exercising tonight!! LOL!!!

Amy said...

I've seen those push-up things on tv commercials, do they work well? I like your teaser, those are fun! I'm going to have to do another one soon. :)

Suzy said...

lol at your mooning little bird! Great shots!

Anonymous said...

great bird ass. i always enjoy your skewed perspective ;) lol. you crack me up!

now, whats a pushup?

Stacey said...

Fun post. I couldn't guess what it was. What exactly dues the pushup do?

Angie Moses said...

I was tuning my head every which way trying to decide what i thought that thing was...I'd have NEVER guessed!

pakosta said...

you are too FUNNY!!!
tara

Cindi Koceich said...

That bird shot is funny! Wow...never heard of a brood parasite! Mean thing! :)

I was thinking it was a hand weight on a mirrow. Kinda close!

Jess said...

LOL! The mooning bird is too funny! I have been looking at those pushup things for a while too... do they work well?

Amy said...

Wow, glad you gave the answer so I could relax. You're so funny. Love your little birdie's backside.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is always good for a laugh.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say gym equipment, can't believe I was that close. Cute moon, lol.

Bobbi said...

I had to take a second to calm myself down ;) That push up thing looks really interesting, I might have to look into one.