Friday, April 25, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

If DD doesn't get over her camera aversion soon, it's going to start to look like I only have one kid. Here's a pic of DS hitting a triple at his first official high school game today. At least I think it was on this pitch. If not, let's pretend it is. :-)
Bird of the day, a northern flicker:
And Pat suggested trying an antique color on the glove photo from yesterday. Here's my try at that:
Please check out my post below this one, too. I give out my version of the Pico de Gallo awards. (Sorry, Pat, I keep forgetting the real name of it and this is what I keep thinking of. :-D)

13 comments:

Donnah Ciempka said...

I like your new avatar pic - very nice. The shot with the finger sticking out of the glove is great. Ilike the colour work you did there.

Jess said...

These are GREAT! I am so excited about baseball season! I love the vintage on the gloved hand like that, it's perfect!

mamawest777 said...

Love, love, love the action on the first one! Fantastic job catching that ball motion!!

Amy said...

Congrats to your ds on his triple! Love the pp'ing on the third one, that looks cool! And your bird shot is amazing, I can't wait for it to warm up so I can try to capture some myself. :)

me said...

You are just awesome! I love your action shot, the color and details of your photos are AMAZING~

Mom2Drew said...

Fun action shots,especially that first one with the ball in it.

Tricia said...

Nice sport shots. Love the glove pic.

Bobbi said...

That is grat action. I am in awe of people that can take sports pictures. I love that antique version of "The Glove"

Shawna said...

Looks like he has a great swing!! Nice action shot!

pat said...

Ooh, 3 great shots! Love the determination on your son's face in that first one; it HAD to have been the triple pitch. The flicker is great; those guys are so fast! And I really like the treatment on the glove shot...nice!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool action shot of ds. The vintage really looks good.

Anonymous said...

Wow...that action shot is SO amazing, as is your processing on the glove. That is real art. I love it. I am still in awe of your bids. Your DD is so gorgeous. Tell her to embrace her inner movie star and give us a few snapshots!

Tera Fraley said...

Great shots, I love how clear and crisp your baseball photos are. Love the vintage look on the last one.