Friday, April 11, 2008

Birdies

I didn't pay much attention to birds until I got this camera a couple of years ago. Now I'm a bird stalker. I have a book I use to identify them, and I try to get photos of all the different types of birds I see in my yard. Nothing too exciting yet this year, but it's so nice to see some of my little friends return and hear their singing in the morning--spring has finally arrived. These photos were taken in the evening light.
A junco:
DRebel XT w/ 70-300mm lens
AV mode: F5.6 SS1/1000 ISO400

A mourning dove (with another junco in the foreground):
Same lens
AV mode: F5.6 SS1/200 ISO400

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

that first shot is like a postcard! the bird looks really soft! talking about the bird ...not your focus ;).

Bird Stalker Photography said...

I love both of those shots especially that first one! They are beautiful!

Michelle said...

oh how fun! these are beautiful shots--so clear! i need to get the feeders out and start luring the flocks to my yard.

Margaret said...

These are fabulous. I really love that first one. I love hearing the birds singing in my yard lately, too!

Angela2932 said...

I really like that first one! It's got such beautiful color in it, DOF, and composition. It's amazing that you were able to get this photo before the little bird took off!

mel said...

beautiful! isn't it great when spring finally arrives? I really love that first shot!

Jess said...

These are beautiful! Wow, you got some really crisp shots here, I can never seem to do that!

Angelica said...

I was thinking postcard too on that first shot!! Great job!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

That first shot is stunning!!

Val said...

Cool birds!

Kristina said...

that first one has such great DOF! great color too!

Krista P said...

I really like that first shot. Beautiful little guy!

Suzy said...

These are great!! Yea spring might just be here after all!!

pat said...

Nice, Becky! Great focus going on here, and the DOF in the first is wonderful. I love stalking birds, too.

Tera Fraley said...

Lovely shots... So do you have tons of feeders in your yard?