Thursday, April 3, 2008

Well, I'll be dipped. People photos can be fun for me.

I always say how much I stink at people photos. But I didn't realize how much fun it could be to take photos of a willing model. This is Jeanie (my hair stylist). She's into photography too and knows I struggle with people photos and offered herself up. She brought all these cool outfits and props, and we drove around and found some interesting backdrops for photos. She's so comfortable in front of the camera and knows how to pose and is so beautiful I just had fun! Here's one of the shots we got. I know I still have a long way to go, but I think this is better than the usual line-up-and-say-cheese snapshot type I usually get. I know her white hat is blown out and I cut off her hands. Other CC for me? I appreciate it! Thanks for looking! Settings: DRebel XT with 100mm macro lens (first time I've really used it as a portrait lens--very nice) AV mode ISO400 F5.6 SS1/640 CWB.

Here's my color version:

And SOOC:

27 comments:

April said...

that is a gorgeous picture..you did a great job..i love the 1st and last one. very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all of these...you did an amazing job on these!!!
cari

Jason said...

Great shots and color! See people are fun :) You did a great job.

C said...

I really like you SOOC shot and the Choco B/W is really pretty! Awesome job :)

For Over 29 Years... said...

I think you did a great job. It miust be nice to have such a willing model. I think I like the second one the best becasue the warmth from the guitar takes away from her hat.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

AWESOME! I love them!

pakosta said...

i love the 1st and last one! so GREAT!!!!!!
tara

Mom2Drew said...

I can say in this instance, I like the SOOC best. The warmth in the tones is really nice. The perspective is lovely, very pensive feeling.

Jess said...

I love all 3 versions! She is stunning. I don't even mind the cut off hands for once, I just love the overall feel of this shot SO MUCH! You did great!

jordan.krogman said...

Lucky you to have such a beautiful, willing model! :) I'm glad that you're feeling better about your "people" shots, too!

Cindi Koceich said...

GREAT SHOT!!! You did an awesome job with this people photo...don't sell yourself short! :)

Donnah Ciempka said...

These are beautiful, really beautiful.

Stacey said...

Cool shots. I love the composition.

Kristina said...

You did awesome! I like that bnw and the sooc best. How fun to have a "model!"

Bobbi said...

I think you did great, and I agree the SOOC is amazing. The colors are perfect, so you can't say you stink at people photography for sure.

Anonymous said...

You did so great...and she is beautiful! You are great a people photos. And oh yes, willing models are always the best kind. Your sooc is awesome, so you can't go wrong with the other two.

Reds said...

Wow!! You did great!!

Danielle said...

beautiful photo, the sooc is just beautiful great exposure I really like your black and white on this. It works well with the picture.

Jen said...

Neat conversions! Great job!

Shawna said...

What fun shots!! You rock at people photos too!

Margaret said...

I think you do a great job with people photos! I love this shot. Great pose. I'm loving that white hat, too!:)

Val said...

I love the shot, and especially the first conversion. It's really a beautiful shot!

Melissa said...

The cut-off hand doesn't bother me at all, I think you got a great shot here!

Amy said...

Great job, Becky! Sounds like you had a great time. You even did terrific SOOC!

Amy said...

You did great! People are definitely my downfall, they move! My favorites are the first and last versions.

Regarding my photo today, I don't know what kind of flower it is, but thought it was pretty! It is small, but not teeny-tiny like the hyacinth.

Suzy said...

This is an awesome shot! I love that first one!

Suzy said...

This is an awesome shot! I love that first one!