Sunday, December 7, 2008

I knit me a hat

I'm an intermittent knitter. I don't knit for months, then I pick it up again (and go buy lots of yarn that I'll never use up) and then go for months without knitting again.

My stepsister taught me to knit when we were teenagers. She's now a certified knitting instructor, so when she was visiting last week we talked knitting and I picked up the needles again. She showed me that I really could knit using circular and double-point needles, which I've never had success with before.

Here is the hat I just finished. I feel like I just painted the Sistine Chapel.

DD wasn't home to model it for me, so I had one of my snowman decorations model it in front of the window.

12 comments:

Reds said...

Wow Becky!! That is one beautiful hat!!! You are sooooo talented!! Wish I had the knitting gene... only thing I can knit... a very long scarf!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE that!!! I want one!!! So stinking cute!
Cari

Chell said...

Oh I love the colors. GREAT job I am very impressed!!

Melissa said...

Wish I knew how to knit. Love the colors of this one!

Lauren Hartman said...

Ohhh, I love this. The colors are just gorgeous! I wish i could wear hats so much, but with my curly hair I look ridiculous in them (not to mention then afterwards I have the worst hat hair you've ever seen).

Lori said...

Those colors are great! I'm always sooo jealous of people who can knit of crochet....

Michelle said...

That is so COOL! I would love to be able to knit--just never had the patience. I really like your choice of colors--and model too! :)

Krystle said...

Wow that is great. I bought a bunch of plastic circle things that are supposed to help you knit. I never used them. Good for you... Being so productive ;D

Bobbi said...

Go you! This is great, I love the colors. I wish I was multitalented ;)

Angela2932 said...

Becky, I'm so impressed! You're an artist through and through! And I really like your evergreen branch photos with the ice; very striking! Thanks for the bravery medal :)

Amy said...

Becy, that is just beautiful! I love the pretty, colorful yarn! :)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome hat!!!-congrats on learning to use DPNs! :)