Thursday, September 25, 2008

Please come home, 40D

I miss my 40D. But I'm giving my little point-and-shoot a workout. Here's a view of the front of The Christmas Tree Shop: my go-to place for tacky holiday decorations. I sure do like a little tacky in my holiday decorating. (Every time I hear or say Christmas Tree Shop, in my head I start singing "I like to shop at the Christmas Tree Shop" to the tune of "I like to shop at the duty-free shop" from Seinfeld. Remember that one?)

And since I like to try a theme photo at least once during the week, here's a shadow photo. It's me doing one of the few shadow puppets I know. I think I'm ready for a Vegas show, don't you? But I should probably comb my hair first.

13 comments:

Amy said...

I like your shadow shot! That first picture looks like water. Hope you get your camera back soon, but these shots are good too!

Reds said...

Love the Christmas Tree Shop - stop when I can when we go down to Maine or Vermont. So many useless and fun things!! Love your shadow shot!!

Sharon said...

"rabbit talking to lady with crazy hair" ? ;)

I really like the colors in the first shot.

Bobbi said...

Ok I have no idea what that shadow is but it is suspiciously reminding me of your umbrella shadow...if you squint...while looking only at the top half...lol

Twwiiiiiixxxxx! Love Seinfeld

Anonymous said...

That first shot is awesome...Also I just have to comment on yesterdays post... I put Molly's Halloween costume on today! Love your costumes! I wish I could get her to sit for a photo in hers!
cari

Diana said...

hey these shots are awesome for being from a point and shoot. but its never the camera its the photographer

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh how cute!!! love that for the theme.

Jess said...

You are doing AWESOME with that p&s! I love the colors in the first shot.

Your shadow puppet cracks me up! I can do a goose and a bunny... that's about it. LOL.

Margaret said...

So funny! Love your shadow shot. You've got some really talent there with the shadow puppet.

pat said...

Love that first shot--the siding on the bulding looks like water. I really like the delicacy of those grass heads against the blue. Nice, Becky!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

HaHa HaHa you always have me LOL. I don't know how you are doing it with your camera gone. When I take mine to get cleaned I lie and tell her I have some big shot would it be possible to have it over night cause she requires a 3 day stay.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! Hahaha. I love your shadow puppets. You know, Mikki is so good at those! Truly a gift.

I hope your 40D comes how to you soon.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

What a fun shadow shot! And that first shot of the wheat in front of the water is so pretty! :)