Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Halloween sneak peek

Good thing I still have a point-and shoot-camera or I wouldn't get to show you Baxter in the Halloween costume I bought him the other day.

DH doesn't believe in dressing up dogs. I don't either (although I like to threaten to get a purse puppy to dress up just to make DH roll his eyes), but Halloween is different. So are hats, sunglasses, and reindeer ears, but other than that I totally don't believe in dressing up dogs. Oh, I forgot bandanas, holiday collars, and Christmas apparel. And those headbands with springy antennae and decorative accessories. Real dog clothes are just silly and ridiculous, though. :-D

My li'l pumpkin. I wanted him to be a chicken or a pig, but Target didn't have a costume big enough.

I love how he's so humiliated he won't even look at me:
Hee! This is why I like to dress him up. Just to see that look on his face.
Last year he was a lobster:
And Spiderman the year before that:

16 comments:

Reds said...

Oh my Baxter doesn't look too happy about his costume!!! He looks like he wishes he could be anywhere but where he is at the moment!! Thanks for the smile - he is too cute!!

Bobbi said...

Poor Baxter lol! I love the lobster and the SpiderMan...anything that makes a dog look like it has legs is top notch in my book ;)

Sharon said...

Please send Baxter to me! I won't humiliate him with those sill costumes. I have a skeleton costume that would look great! ;)

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness. I'm cracking up here! Those are so hilarious. If only he could talk...what would he be saying.. Well, we probably can't repeat it! :) You're too funny!

For Over 29 Years... said...

OH that totally cracks me up that he won't look at you in any of them!

Cindi Koceich said...

You are cracking me up!!! You got the cutest poor me expressions!! Soooo funny!!! Kiss that sweet puppy for me!!!

LiaL said...

The lobster picture cracks me up! he looks so unimpressed.

Lauren Hartman said...

LOL!!! Poor baby! So, do you let him answer the door with you and help pass out the treats?

Kerry said...

Poor baby!
:)

Jess said...

AWWW! I am seriously laughing SO HARD. Baxter sweetie, I am not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you- you just aren't joining in. :)

My sister had a dachshund and dressed him as a hot dog one year- I so wish I had a pic of that!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Poor Baxter. My kids are sitting her LOL cause they thought it was Lucky and now they want to go to target and get him a costume. Love the new fall banner.

Joanne Fowler said...

ROFL!!! He's so adorable and I love the journaling!

Lori Chapman said...

I can't believe you dress up your dog. THAT IS SOOO FUNNY!!! He is too could.

Jeanette White said...

ROTFL!!! I haven't laughed that hard all week. Baxter is the cutest. I think him and my golden should get together because she gets tortured by her mommy in the same way.

Anonymous said...

The dog is looking so cute and funky in these Halloween costumes. Well, that Spiderman costume is my favorite.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

I'm cracking up, how funny! What a good sport Baxter is to wear these costumes! :)

Btw, your header looks AWESOME!!!