Monday, September 15, 2008

Boston

This week's theme is architecture. Here are a couple of shots from my weekend in Boston, taken with my little point-and-shoot camera.

"America's most beloved ballpark," Fenway Park. I'm sure the announcer at every major league ballpark says the same thing. It's my most beloved ballpark, anyway, even if you do have to be child-sized to be comfortable in any of the seats. This was taken from the bleacher seats, where you get the added entertainment of seeing lots of rowdy riffraff getting thrown out. One of my friends would shout, "Fisticuffs!" when that guy in white would spring into action. I love the word "fisticuffs."
We were in Boston to catch a couple of Red Sox games, but we had about an hour to kill on Sunday so we stopped at Quincy Market.

16 comments:

traci said...

my daughter and i went to boston a few years ago and i loved everything about it. i would go back again in a heartbeat.

Amy said...

Gorgeous! Boston is on my list of places to visit. I can't wait to see more.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Nice I would love to see that field.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

I really hope to visit Boston someday!

pat said...

I love Boston--went there years ago on a trip with DH, and could've spent days poking around and exploring. Love the Quincy Market shot--very neat angle.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Wow the building is cool, but the sunflower with the bee, that is just vibrant. Love it.

Mom2Drew said...

I too love Boston. Fenway park is such a staple in American heritage I think.

Michelle said...

What a great shot of the park! Lots of details in there.

S.Kremer said...

I would love to visit Boston some day. Love the shot of the field, very cool:)

Shawna (shawkrem)

Suzy said...

My little brother lives in Boston and someday I will make it there. Cool building!

Jess said...

I would LOVE to go there... so much history! My dh has a goal to visit every major league baseball stadium in the US. He's already been to Boston without ME! *pout*

That IS a funny word... fisticuffs. Kind of rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? ;)

Reds said...

Boston is one of my favorite cities!! Never been to the ballpark though - guess you have to be a baseball fan!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ooo...I can almost SMELL the field now. There is nothing like a weekend in Boston. I never leave there without spending a small fortune. Its worth it.

Anonymous said...

great shot at the ball field...I wish we had spent sometime in Boston when we were in Cape Cod!
Cari

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

What a fun shot that first one is! I've been to Quincy Market, lots of fun! :)

Sharon said...

How great to visit a town with such great history and architecture!