Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The mystery revealed

The place with the rainbow banners, shed with a purple door, and metal yard statue in my previous posts is:
a glass-blowing studio in Dresden, ME. We drove by it on our way home from our botanical garden trip a few weeks ago, and I had to stop because I have a thing for glass blowing. I think all your guesses were more interesting, though: a wizard school :-D, a church, a retreat center, etc.

I didn't buy anything, but I liked this stuff in this first photo:


There was a pretty eclectic mix of stuff in different styles. I just googled them, and it's a husband-and-wife team (and her dad is a pro photographer--side note for us shutterbugs).
The things that look like Slinkies? $180. You can buy them on Etsy (TandemGlass.etsy.com)

Although most of the stuff wasn't my style, I thought it was cool and funky. Seriously not a fan of the mushrooms though.

And one of the lovely flowers outside the studio:

13 comments:

Reds said...

Never would have guessed!! Love the wall of glass mugs!

Sharon said...

Very very cool!

I'd really like that pitcher please. ;)

For Over 29 Years... said...

wow, that is really neat glass. I love the pitchers.

Amy said...

What a cool place, I LOVE all of the glass, so pretty!!!

Bobbi said...

Oh wow, this place is awesome. I just love all the colors you can find in the glass pices. I am still going to believe that there is a hidden door somewhere to Angela's wizard school ;)

Anonymous said...

WoW--and its such a great place to take photos..

Jess said...

Wow, I never would have guessed that! How COOL! I have a cousin who's a glass blower, it is so amazing to watch him work that molten glass! Did you get to see them making things?

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Ah man I love that glass. It kind of reminds me of the movie Sweet Home Alabama, I want to see it in real life.

Margaret said...

I never would have guessed that either. What beautiful artwork that is. Lovely to look at, but I'm pretty sure stuff like that would get broken at my house with all the teenagers running around, as well as my 8-year-old and his lightsabers!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love all of the colors! My step dad is a glass blower as well, and I could just watch him for hours. Its so comforting in a way. I could never afford any of his stuff though...haha. Even on my 'family discount'.

Angela2932 said...

Oh, that glass is so beautiful! I'd never want to leave! Yeah, that was so totally my guess, wasn't it? So, RNC has lots of hookers??????!!!! And my son is going to be a driver in the city?????? Now I'm really going to want to hear from stories from him. . . . or maybe not.

Tori said...

such cool stuff in there! love the flower, too!

Tracy said...

Neat!! Love the first picture of the confetti glasses-love the elcetic nature of their stuff!