Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Botanical Gardens

DH and I went to Boothbay today to the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens www.mainegardens.org and it was really beautiful. I kept thinking how cool it would be to go there with Pat (Pat's Pix on POTD)and ask her what everything was and then say, "You're right!" when I read the signs. Here are the first few I pulled up of the 300-odd photos I took today.


There was an exhibit of kinetic sculpture called "Wind & Light" by a guy named George Sherwood. They were really cool; they moved and looked different as you stood there and watched them change shape with the wind. They were scattered throughout the gardens.
One in the lobby of the main building, showing the cool shadows the sculptures make.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Love that second one. I have to say...when we were there the skies were amazing. So blue. Is it always like that??? WOW!
Cari

Anonymous said...

ooh,,, aaah.. I really like these.. I love that gazebo....

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Wow, what amazing shots!! Love that first one!

pat said...

Oh, what a cool place!!! I would love to see that, and those sculptures look really interesting.

Angelica said...

beautiful shots! looks so peaceful there!

Lori Chapman said...

Very nice. My hubby works out of the harbor during the summer he takes people fishing. I love taking photos when ever I'm down there.

Debbi said...

What a beautiful place!

Bobbi said...

doesn't Pat just amaze you with her knowledge? These are so pretty, Ireally love that sculpture and shadow, very cool!

Jess said...

Wow, I would LOVE to go there! And I agree, to go there with Pat would be AMAZING- her knowledge just astounds me on a daily basis! :)

Bobbi said...

Ok, wow just read your comment on Amy's blog and stupid me had to go look up the Celine Dion ac/dc...you owe me five minutes of my life back ;)

Tori said...

These are so nice! I really like the red of the flower in the 3rd (?) one!