Friday, August 8, 2008

More from the botanical gardens

More photos from the botanical gardens. There was a children's area with all these little abodes:




I totally blew out this photo, but I just wanted to show this hairy shack. It looks like a giant Muppet head. I think I'd be a little scared to live there.
I had interesting back-to-back "I don't fit in here" days this week. I was about 20 years younger than the average botanical gardens visitor (I'd have fit in better if I'd had a visor, a pantsuit, and really white sneakers. :-P), and the next day I was about 20 years older than the average Jack Johnson concert goer. I was pleased to see that my son and his girlfriend appeared horrified by the pot smoking and buying that was going on around us at the concert. I looked over at my son at one point and saw him pinching his nose shut. What a good boy. I, on the other hand, was inhaling as deeply as I could. I kid, I kid!

8 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Nice! I think if I lived somewhere that had a park with these cool houses, I'd be tempting to stay overnight and sleep in them! What an interesting place. And Becky, you wild card!; I'm glad your son was there with you to supervise!

Angelica said...

I love the little house with the blue door...so cute!

Margaret said...

Love all those little houses! And I laughed about your comment of the age differences in the places you visited. :)

Mom2Drew said...

Wow...that is way cool!

Rachael said...

How neat! What interesting houses and things to photograph!

pat said...

Love those houses! What a fun idea for a display area. I love the fairy house--it would look wonderful in the woods behind me. And I'll have you know, I am at least 20 years older than you and I NEVER dress like that--LOL! I've had concert experiences like yours, too--that is the hardest feeling!

Tori said...

What a cool place!

Amy said...

LOL @ the inhaling deeply part!

GREAT shots...they have a world-class botanical garden in Pittsburgh and my mom and I plan to visit next month.