Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back from vacation

I'm back from my vacation--you missed me terribly, didn't you? I missed you too. Thanks for visiting my blog while I was away. Since I love photos of signs, here's one that kind of shows where we went.
We rented a lakefront home in Rangeley, Maine. It's just a couple of hours away from home and one of my favorite places. This was our third year renting there. We had a great week boating, water tubing, kayaking, hiking, and relaxing. Despite what the sign says, I did not have a moose crash and never have in the many times I have driven this stretch of road over the years. I did see some moose, but not on this road.

9 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Hopefully, you'll have more photos from your vacation! Welcome back. That's a great sign. .. and are the lights on it activated if someones sees a moose wandering around?

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Cool sign. Yes we have been missing you.

pat said...

Can't wait to see more from your vacation! I LOVE this sign; I adore odd signs. DS went back-country camping last week in Montana and had a bull moose come right into camp when they were having dinner.

Reds said...

Glad you had a great vacation!! and so nice to see you back!! Love the sign!!

KRISTIE said...

Great sign, I know of that is not as great, I will post it soon.

Farrah Jobling said...

LOL...that sign is too funny!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I live right near that sign! Hahaha. I will be going up to Mooselookmaguntic (sp...I know its wrong) in about 2 weeks for vaca. Well..not really vacation...family get together where I have no fun and still have to watch the kids. So...a vacation for Michael.

Anonymous said...

Love the sign...

Angelica said...

Love that sign! Those signs would say deer around here instead of moose. Can't wait to see more from your vacation.