Friday, August 15, 2008

Balloon Festival

First, I'd like to thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts for my dad. They worked--his lab work showed no sign of another heart attack, and they sent him home this afternoon!

So, I mentioned last night that we're having a balloon festival here this weekend. They have a photo contest, and I think I have the perfect photo to win the contest! Are you ready? You're going to be amazed. Drum roll:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Dude! Haven't you ever heard that crack kills?

Sorry about that. Here's my real photo:
.
.
.
.
Oops, sorry again. How's this?

11 comments:

pat said...

Bwahahahaha!!!! He certainly is ballooning out of those jeans!!
REALLY love your balloon shot, Becky. The comp is awesome. I like the different take on the standard balloon shots. Can't wait to see some more...please?

April said...

OH MY GOSH!! That is so funny! you crack me up. I'm so glad that you're dad is ok!

Heather said...

Oh my! You're killing me! That poor guy, at first I thought that spot to the right of his crack was hair!! But seriously, who goes out in public like that? Geez. :)

BizEMommaK said...

LOL! That is GREAT! LOL Love it!

Shawna (shawkrem)

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness! That is too funny! Someone needs to tell him that's not a good look!

Glad your dad is okay!

Reds said...

LOL!! You "crack" me up!! Lovely view!! ;) Great shot on the balloon!! And glad your dad is OK!

Kerry said...

Oh that's not really what I wanted to look at first thing in the morning!

I do love the real balloon shot though.

Suzy said...

Thanks for the laugh! and your balloon shot just HAS to win!

Amy said...

Oh gross, you got us twice!!! Beautiful (last) balloon shot! Hey, wonder if April intended that pun in her comment? :) And so happy to hear your dad is doing so well.

Amy said...

LMAO!!! That's awesome. Totally something I would take a picture of. This afternoon I took a picture of a gross flabby belly because some chick thought she looked good in a half-shirt. (Mind you, I have a REALLY gross flabby belly, but at least I keep mine covered up!)

Anonymous said...

I was amazed at the bruise as well as the 'crack love the balloon pic, good luck with the comp :)