Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

I'm kind of sad, because this is the first year since 1994 that I haven't gone trick-or-treating. DS has his last football game of the season, so I'll be going to that while DD goes TOT with some friends. I'll tell you what the hard thing is when you have a 12-year-old girl who still wants to dress up: finding and agreeing on a costume that doesn't make her look like a hooker. (Cue rant on American society's early sexualization of our youth.) We added the white t-shirt underneath this Queen of Hearts costume. (And no high heels. High heels+knee socks=slutty schoolgirl look.)



I think it's Halloween empty nest syndrome that compels me to dress Baxter up. I miss when my kids were little so I treat him like a little baby. Or I just like to torture him. Either way it's a sickness.

6 comments:

For Over 29 Years... said...

I completely agree with you! Good for you Mom for sticking to your guns. These costumes these days are just outrageous.

Lauren Hartman said...

I think you found the perfect balance with your daughter's costume. Many times I've been very grateful that I only had a boy and didn't have to walk that fine line like I would have with a girl.

Oh, and Baxter looks a little happier today..or maybe it's just that I can see his face this time ;)

Sharon said...

What a beautiful queen!

Poor Baxter! I hope he got some good treats!

Jess said...

Well, she looks ADORABLE- and appropriately dressed! I love her costume, that is so pretty!

Poor Baxter... LOL.

KRISTIE said...

i think her costume is perfect. so cute.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Your daughter is beautiful and her costume is adorable! I had Allyson put a bright shirt under her Halloween costume, seems like they were all a bit suggestive this year. That last shot of Baxter is just the cutest thing ever, he is such a good sport! :)