Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Covered Bridge

Who doesn't love a covered bridge?
So I was standing in front of the bridge on this side (in that pine needly area), camera up and ready, when a car pulled in right in front of me and blocked my shot. WTH? Not to disparage any out-of-state tourists, but we were completely NOT surprised to see their license plate--they were what we call around here "Massholes." I kid, I kid. I'm a native Masshole myself. Apparently they were in a rush (or they heard the passive-aggressive remarks I made to DH) because they got out, snapped a photo, then jumped back in the car and sped away. Then all was quiet and peaceful and photographable again for the rest of us.

Here's a pathway (theme photo!) looking from one end of the bridge to the other.
The river the bridge crosses:
And another pathway (theme photo!)

13 comments:

Amy said...

These shots are amazing, Becky! I love the first one especially!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I am loving all the fall colors you are capturing!
Cari

Reds said...

Oh Becky - love the covered bridge and love the beautiful colors around!! Beautiful beautiful shots!!

Anonymous said...

This looks so beautiful. Like a post card almost. Where is that bridge Becky, I have only seen them in New Hampshire.

Sharon said...

So gorgeous! I have only ever been on one covered bridge and I consider it a fake since it was built at a theme hotel ;)

pat said...

Becky, if anyone were here at home with me, they'd think I was sick, because I keep hollering "Oh! Oh!!" as I look at your photos. Awesome, just awesome! LOVE them--the bridge through the trees and that winding road, especially.

For Over 29 Years... said...

love love the bridges like that. I love fall, it's my favorite season and I'm one day going to take a trip up to you to see it. we don't come close to falls like that.

Michelle said...

beautiful bridge and surrounding area! love all that fall color.

Mom2Drew said...

I have this dream, have had it all my life to photograph covered bridges! Wow...you totally floored me tonight and I'm oficially MAJORLY jealous right now;)

Angela2932 said...

These are so unbelievably gorgeous! I'm going to fall asleep tonight, with these images in my head, and pretend that this is where I live!

jewels said...

That is hilarious... massholes! HA ha. The bridge reminds me of Anne of Green Gables. I've never seen one like that in real life. All your compositions are great, esp the lines leading to the end of the tunnel/bridge. Great colors too, I wish fall was that beautiful and colorful here!

Cheers,
jewels

Jess said...

Your journaling cracks me up! I'm so glad you got your shots though... they are GORGEOUS.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Just gorgeous! I wish we had covered bridges and leaves in that color! I'm LOL at your description of the tourists...whenever there is an accident in the snow, we blame the tourists! :)