Friday, January 11, 2008

Technicolor flowers in macro

Some macro shots of the technicolor grocery store flowers from yesterday. Someone asked about how I lit yesterday's shot. I just set them in a vase on my dining room table. There are windows on two walls in there so good light. I set up a white foam board behind them and used a gray card to get a custom white balance.

You guys would laugh if you saw my house--almost everything is still builder's beige. I love color but have made some real bad decisions on paint so I'm chicken.

As always, all CC appreciated!




14 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great Photos!! I love your colors! Especially the yellow and purple one! What a fantastic job!

Toni said...

Stunning! Toni

cherie said...

wow these colors just pop. loving the one with pink. very nice.

me said...

love, love, love that last one.

Margaret said...

That does it. I really want to get a macro lens now. I've been thinking about it, but these shots have really convinced me.

Tomboymama said...

Those are so fun. Those would make a cheerful storyboard! Great job with composition and colors!

Mandy said...

Wow...these colors are so amazing. Wonderful!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous macros!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!!

Ashley Hiskes said...

WOW These looks SO cool. I love them.

pat said...

OH! Ohohoh!!! Can you hear me hollering? These are WONDERFUL!! Such a great job; crisp clear focus, nice comp, rocking, popping colors. Whoo HOO!!

Debbi said...

Amazing colors!

Kristen said...

oh my, these are cool!

Cindi Koceich said...

Those flowers are sooo fun! Love them on the black backgrouned