Sunday, January 6, 2008

My hat's wearing a hat

This is one of my several Red Sox hats--my special Christmas one. I saw this in an Olympia Sports flyer a couple of years ago and searched at every Olympia I could find, including online, and no one had it. Then on Christmas morning I unwrapped one of my presents and there it was-my DH had found it for me! I just love the little Santa hat on the B, and on the back there's a Santa swinging a bat.

I also want to note that I'm not one of those bandwagon-jumping Red Sox fans. I'm a New Englander, and I'm 40 years old, born in the year of the Impossible Dream team of 1967, so I was one of those fans who suffered through the 1978 Bucky-Bleeping-Dent, 1986 Bill-Bleeping-Buckner, and 2003 Aaron-Bleeping-Boone plays. The Sox winning the World Series in 2004 is right up there on my best-day-of-my life list. I know it's kind of pathetic, but I'm the child and grandchild of Red Sox fans--it's how I was raised.
Shot with DRebel XT w/ 24-70mmL lens in AV mode at f2.8 SS1/30 ISO 200 on tripod using custom white balance. The only PP done was USM.
Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job with the white balance! Fun thing to shoot also!
Cari

Sara said...

Oh, my! I have a buddy who would go nuts for this hat!!!

Liz said...

Great color and way to keep with the theme.
I grew up in a house divided Grandmother and Brother were both .. GASP.... yankees fans, the rest of the family die hard Red Sox fans. Made for some interesting game watching. :)

Becky said...

Liz, have you disowned your brother? :-) I'm always convinced that New England kids who claim to be Yankee fans are just being contrary and rebellious.
Thanks for the comments, ladies!

Tori said...

What a cool hat! And awesome color for SOOC!

Val said...

Cute!

Leslie Morgan said...

I can't believe I'm commenting on this because I'm a Yankee fan (who lives by Chicago, go figure)! LOL Just kidding. Love the hat with the hat.

Stacey said...

Cool! That's awesome that you tried, but couldn't find it... and your DH found it and surprised you... what a sweetie!

Amy said...

Great color and focus! I was in Boston a couple of months ago, what a fun town.

It's These Little Moments said...

great hat! and oh so colorful.