Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cool Beans

When I saw this bag of beans in the grocery store, my first thought was not "I'm going to make a delicious soup." It was more "Ooh, I want to take macro photos of these. I love the colors. They would go so well in my kitchen. Wow, those speckled beans look like cappuccino-flavored Jelly Bellys. I love Jelly Bellys. Especially pear. And margarita. I love margaritas too. Maybe we can go out for Mexican and margaritas tonight....."

Anyway, here's one of the photos.

And I actually am trying to make a delicious soup. It's on the stove right now. The beans are taking for-freakin-ever. The soup is tasty, yet still crunchy. We should be able to eat it by....Saturday. Now I remember why I use canned beans.

4 comments:

mandy said...

Those are beautiful, and when is dinner? :P Don't beans take forever! I know what you mean. I usually boil mien for hours before they are right to start. They are a pretty picture though!

Margaret said...

Love this shot. All the colors and the clarity...Wow! Very nice. Now I'm hungry, too!

Angela2932 said...

Yum! You make me adhd-hungry! Soup! Jelly Beans! margaritas! Beans! Mexican food. . . where's my macro lens? Soup!

Sharon said...

Oh great shot!

I should have done that since the soup wasn't not very good. Spicy but mushy beans.