Friday, July 11, 2008

A cute pair of hoots

Do you think I'll get any hits from creepo searchers with this post title? I went on a little field trip to the Maine Wildlife Park back on July 1 and am getting around to editing some more of my photos. Darn those chain-link fences for getting in the way of my shots. Usually with chain link I put the end of my lens right in one of the holes, but there were two layers of chain link between me and all the animals, so I backed up, zoomed in, and used manual focus to try to get the chain link as out of focus as I could and the birds as in focus as I could. Any hints for me on a better way to go about it? I also think it could use a trip through Noiseware. What do you think?

10 comments:

Margaret said...

I think you did a great job of focusing through two layers of chain link. Such cute little birds. :)

Anonymous said...

I would have never know there was a fence there unless you said something...wow that is some photo...so crisp...perfect!
Cari

Chell said...

Wow you did a great job with the fencing. That is not an easy task.

Reds said...

Beautiful shot in bad conditions! ;)

Amy said...

HA!! You're as bad as me. I get TONS of hits on my posts about beavers from people searching for something different. ;-) Love that shot.

pat said...

Becky, that was a really tricky focal situation, and I think you did really well! I love this shot, but then I am really partial to owls.

♥ Amy said...

No hints from me, but I sure think you caught some cute expressions!

Amy said...

Becky, I think you did great! I wouldn't have had a clue that there was a fence there, I thought you did some fancy pp'ing! :)

Angela2932 said...

I love how this photo turned out! I would have suggested the manual focus. . . but you thought of that! I don't know much about noiseware, and if it would help, but if you do it, show us the difference! :)
I love your comment about whether your title will yield weirdo-searchers! So that's why I get strange comments sometimes! I had no idea that it was our titles that searches used!

Sharon said...

I think the fence leaves kind of a cool texture.